5 Cooling Road
Mon, 30 Apr 2018 17:50:40
First Aid Remedies
A hundred or so years ago homeopathic remdies were found in every first aid cupboard - certainly Vets relied on them a great deal before the introduction of antibiotics. Since they are absolutely harmless and so simple and easy to take (children love my little round sugar pills) they are ideal for your children, yourselves and your pets. I take a make-up bag full of remedies when I go on holiday, which caters for every conceivable eventuality and I usually end up handing them out to other holiday makers.
I encourage my patients to equip themselves with a kit of homeopathic remedies which are relevant to them for both the home and travelling. I've listed below just a few examples.
- Jet Lag or just sheer hard work - travelling, gardening, walking etc.
- Knocks, Falls and Shocks
- Infected Bites or Wounds
- Allergic reaction to Bites or Stings
- Prickly Heat
- Sun/Heat Stroke or Fevers
- Diarrhoea and/or Sickness
- Burns - including Sun Burn
- Over Indulgence
- Sprains and Strains
- Travel Sickness
- Fear of Flying
I also supply homeopathic kits which help enormously when medical intervention is necessary and also during childbirth. These can be despatched after a short telephone consultation.
- Operation Remedies
- These relieve the trauma to the body, thereby reducing the risk of complications, infections and haemorrhage, and generally helping with the healing process. Patients using these are invariably discharged earlier than usual because they recover so quickly.
- Birthing Remedies
- These homeopathic remedies help to get the dilation and contractions working together thereby reducing the chance of a long labour, the risk of haemorrhage and cutting down the trauma enormously for mother and baby.
- Dental Treatment
- These remedies reduce the fear and anxieties, the bruising and pain, during and after treatment.
- Altitude Sickness
There are several natural remedies which will relieve or prevent altitude sickness.Two homeopathic remedies are taken daily whilst at altitude together with an oxygen supplement called Oxytech. Oxytech has been shown to raise the levels of oxygen in the blood 30 mins after taking. People experience a variety of symptoms at altitude, some getting headaches, some nausea etc and if the first two homeopathic remedies were not sufficient to relieve these, there are four more remedies, one of which you would choose on the basis of your particular symptoms. I recommend that you take a first aid kit of remedies with instructions. This could of course include remedies which will help with other aspects of trekking or mountaineering such as injuries, aching legs and knees, strains and sprains, digestive upsets etc.
Homeopath in Medway
If you deal with the little hiccoughs in health the natural way, your immune system won't be compromised and your quality and quantity of life will improve.
"If I knew I was going to live this long, I would have taken better care of myself."
- George Sands.